Empower Youth for Work
A Project Implemented by CYAAD and Funded by Oxfam
SELECTION CRITERIA TO BECOME MEMBER OF UCC In Jamshoro District
Union Council Cooperative is a group of highly motivated and passionate young people who are willing to learn and encompass knowledge in their communities. The Empower Youth for Work project provides learning by doing opportunities through Union Council Cooperatives for self-growth, youth engagement, and community advancement.
Following is the criteria for young people to become part of this incredible opportunity which will open the window for multiple learning by doing opportunities. If you are one of the motivated, passionate and committed young person [Boy or Girl] don’t wait for the last date, just apply now: –
1. We expect the member will be local residents of Jamsohor [Kotri and Mahnjhand]
2. Age between 18 to 24 years
3. having at-least intermediate [Higher Secondary Education Certificate]
4. we expect the member will be willing to travel within district (sometimes out of district) for project activities
5. Having an interest and ensure availability to attend trainings, conference, workshops, seminars, and other project activities.
6. Committed to formulate a youth group in your village/Ward/Basti which consists of 30 members (age 15-24)
7. Willing to replicate/cascade learning and share knowledge with formulated youth groups within their respective localities to empower them
8. Having belief and value human rights, peace, justice and social harmony
9. The member (s) are expected to be gender sensitive, having respect for women
10. The member (s) are expected to have the ability to play a role of youth leader as a role model in their communities through contribution in the execution of campaigns, awareness raising, youth engagement and mobilization related activities during and beyond project life.
11. Willing to work in spirit as volunteer and promote volunteerism
What the opportunity offers for young people: –
• The selected members will get the opportunity of capacity building training for self-growth including but not limited to a training package for Job, farming, and Microbusinesses.
• The members will get opportunities to expand their networking amongst other young people
• The selected members will be given stipend to deliver trainings in their areas
• The selected member will become part of CYAAD’s volunteer group to explore other capacity building opportunities and participate in conferences and seminars
• The transportation and travel will be covered during project activities.
• Certificate of accomplishment will be provided to successful members
How to apply:
• You can personally visit and submit application at CYAAD Office: Banglow No 20-A Street 03 Phase 02 Sindh University Society near kalma Banglow Jamshoro
• You can also fill an online form to become a member, please follow the Facebook Page: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfaA-wJmoeeDmpTHl3cv6bkrklt1p8Rv4bF-A4RLRivPh469Q/viewform?usp=sf_link
• You can also send an email to receive the application form at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 03342321940
• Young girls are highly encouraged to apply.
Note: – Only shortlisted candidate will be called to appear in the aptitude test and interview